The Ultimate Guide on Hyper-Targeted Advertising
Hyper-targeting is basically getting to know more about who your customers are and how you can reach them efficiently to ensure stability in growing your business. Here is all you need to know about Hyper-targeting and how to get the most out of it.
Getting started: About hyper-targeting
In simple terms, Hyper-targeting is a marketing strategy that allows you to clearly identify a target customer and assists in delivering a digital advertising message to a defined audience based on very specific characteristics.
Such a strategy is not restricted to but can also assist you in a variety of platforms like Google, as well as social media sites which include Facebook and Instagram.
For a better grasp on the concept it is essential to develop an understanding of the following terms which are directly linked to how you can benefit from Hyper-targeting:
Buyer Persona: A detailed outline of every individual customer’s profile that defines their demographics, sociographic, professional roles, values, goals, challenges, influences, and most importantly their buying habits.
Segmentation: This allows you to divide/categorise your audience into smaller groups based on how they interact with your brand or their demographics, sociographic, professional roles, values, goals, challenges, influences and buying habits.
Geo-targeting: This is entirely based on location. It can assist you in targeting a broader spectrum which would be a country or a more narrow target location such as a zip-code or a mile-radius near a similar business.
Retargeting: Lastly, the ability to reconnect with audiences that have previously engaged with your brand.
Benefits of hyper-targeting
As Hyper-targeting was previously explained as being a powerful tactic that helps you with your customers thoroughly while enabling you to:
- Send out personalized marketing messages to ensure you send out emails that are relevant to the specified customer and put a stop on sending them information on products/services they have no interest in.
- Make sure your money spent on advertising is not going to waste as you target the correct audiences.
- Generate qualified leads from people you are certain will become your customers.
- Market more efficiently to the right customers on the correct platforms to ensure a stability in your sales.
Hyper-targeting through social media
There are countless ways to use Hyper-targeting to your advantage. Below are three of the most powerful methods that can be proven fruitful for your business!
Facebook has an easy interface that makes it the perfect platform for hyper-targeting campaigns to be carried out effectively. The best place you can start from is targeting specific people by making various audience lists.
Customer audience lists are based on the individuals that match your buyer persona. You have a variety of specifications to choose from to make sure you are an exact match! From life events all the way to past purchasing activity; you can select different things to attract the ideal form of traffic to your brand.
Lookalike audiences tend to use your existing audience to find similar audiences. Facebook gathers the characteristics of the current list and duplicates another with a list of new audience members that match those characteristics.
Saved audiences are targets that are saved in your email and text marketing lists. In this case, Facebook will extract the data of the matched users and enable you to show them Facebook ads accordingly.
Remarketing audiences is when Facebook targets people who have previously interacted with your brand or your website. They track their past performed actions which may include; liking or watching a video posted to your page, or have visited a certain page on your site that may contain a certain keyword.
2. Google Ads
Google has made it sure it doesn’t hold back on offering options to cater your every need. With that being said they have also made it extra easy to target ideal customers.
You are offered two options to choose from being placing a payment to display your ad as a part of the search engine result page or it will be displayed on third-party websites. It’s up to you whether you pay-per-click or display ads on-page.
Each user can be targeted based on the following:
- Search phrases
- Location: Country, City, or ZIP code
- Type of device
- Clicks on your website – be it the pages they have visited or activities they performed in the time spent on it.
3. Email marketing
CRM and email segmentation is the most convenient way to engage with your users directly from your own customer database.
This can be done by:
- Dividing your customer base into segments based on their characteristics or activities.
- Creating content, marketing emails or messages, and promotions that target the specific wants and needs of the segments you have created previously.
- Send personalized emails and run marketing campaigns via SMS.
- Keep note of how your retargeted audience has responded to your campaign.
- Record the final results and keep them in check for the future do’s and don’ts. Use them to continue refining and thoroughly improving the process till you feel it’s flawless!
And that’s a wrap! This concludes all you need to know about Hyper targeting and using effective techniques to deliver your marketing messages across each platform and achieve outstanding results that will aid in the growth of your business!
Sarmad is a professional eCommerce expert with 3 years of industry experience. He is currently working for Addify.co as a marketing executive.