Protecting Your Privacy
Helix Digital is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Helix Digital is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that Helix Digital is required to communicate to its customers. Helix Digital recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Helix Digital may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Helix Digital username or password. Helix Digital also holds details of your Helix Digital services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, Helix Digital may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Helix Digital prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Helix Digital (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, Helix Digital relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Helix Digital and to advise them that Helix Digital can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How we collect personal information
Helix Digital collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through Helix Digital’s websites;
- from third parties such as Helix Digital’s related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- in response to a survey, contest or sweepstakes;
- from the organisations identified below under ‘When Helix Digital discloses your personal information’;
- from Helix Digital’s own records of how you use your Helix Digital services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to Helix Digital’s current services;
- offer you and provide additional Helix Digital or related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop Helix Digital’s services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Helix Digital to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop Helix Digital’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Helix Digital can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Helix Digital does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Helix Digital to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call +61 3 9413 6070.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Helix Digital will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to opt-out by selecting this option in the email.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Helix Digital may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Helix Digital. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Helix Digital providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out Helix Digital’s:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
Helix Digital takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Helix Digital may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Helix Digital’s related companies;
- Helix Digital’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other information technology service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, Helix Digital may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes); and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Helix Digital’s web sites
Helix Digital provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit Helix Digital’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Helix Digital to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Helix Digital may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Helix Digital’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Helix Digital’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Helix Digital extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Helix Digital also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Helix Digital collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Helix Digital takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why Helix Digital recommends that you:
- let Helix Digital know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep Helix Digital up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
If you are a subscriber to one of Helix Digital’s online products or services, you may change your personal details by contacting Helix Digital on 03 8669 0642
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for security reasons, and either send it by mail to Helix Digital, The Hall 22 Cecil Place, Prahran VIC 3181 Australia, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Helix Digital reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact Helix Digital on 03 8669 0642 between 9.00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can write to our General Manager, Helix Digital, The Hall 22 Cecil Place, Prahran VIC 3181 Australia, or by email to email@example.com